Friday, November 22, 2013

Just Coats

I woke up with coats on my mind this morning, and with good reason! Yesterday we had 60 degree temps which dropped overnight to 30. Add in that ugly wind chill and it's not pretty! I can stand to be many things, but cold is not one of them! That said, I MUST have a coat that can stand up to the cold. While I do like some of the shorter jackets and such, I prefer a coat that at least hits me mid-thigh....if it's a little longer, that's o.k. too.

Of course us girls still want to look good even though we're layered and bundled. My answer to that is a pretty coat. When the days are drab, I like something bright and cheery. I rotate between orange and red most days. When it's really, really bitter, I take out a hooded puffer. I also like a dressier coat for a night out on the town. Peter Pilotto's offering is one that would do quite nicely. It's actually down-filled, but the design makes it versatile enough for day or night. I did add a shorter coat that I'm anticipating. JCP's nautical peacoat is really cute. Perfect with smoking loafers or a cute flat on a day when it's not quite as cold.

From puffers to military styles, I've featured a few of my favorites.

Michael Kors, $150

Peter Pilotto, $2,480

JWLA for Johnny Was, $260

JWLA for Johnny Was, $260 (neimanmarcus.com)
Zara, $179

Zara, $239

Zara, $159
Zara, $299

Zara, $139

Zara, $159
Zara, $79.99 (zara.com)

J. Crew, $398

J. Crew, $425
J. Crew, $1,350

J. Crew, $1200 (jcrew.com)
Collezione, $109.99

JCP, $99.99 

Worthington, $109.99
Worthington, $99.99

Worthington, $109.99

I Jeans by Buffalo, $99
Nicole Miller, $99.99

Siena Studio, $69.99 (jcp.com)
Rag & Bone, $1,295 (shopbop.com)
Stella McCartney, $1,940

Burberry, $895
Carven, $1,350 (netaporter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment