Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Did I Say Never?

I'm sure at some point in my life I declared that I would NEVER slip my feet into a pair of Birkenstock/Birkenstock-inspired sandals. Well, there's still SOME truth in that statement, as I still don't care much for the "traditional" styles. What I am loving, are those Birkenstock-inspired pairs with a little embellishment.

I actually hadn't given much thought to a pair until I saw Sam & Libby's "Ashland" on target.com. When I saw them in silver metallic, with studs no less, I knew that I had to have a look at the real article. After reading the reviews, I made a mad dash to the nearest Target and there they were. I must agree with one of the reviewers, who stated that the online picture does not do them justice. I sort of went in the store preparing to dismiss them as a poor knockoff. Boy was I surprised! From looking at the picture, it appears that the studs are just on the outside portion of the shoe, but they are also dotted around the inner sole as well.

They are a smooth, silver metallic and super comfortable. They have them in black, and they are also good looking. Thanks Target for a job well done!


Giambattista Valli, $1,840; shoescribe.com

Sam & Libby "Ashland" $23.99; target.com

Giambattista Valli, $825; shoescribe.com

Sam & Libby "Ashland" $23.99; target.com

No comments:

Post a Comment