Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Remember These?!

Lucky magazine featured this "interesting" little assortment of shoes on their site under the heading "15 Ugly Shoe Trends From The Past That We Hope To Never See Again." First, let me start by saying that I wholeheartedly agree. So much so, that I added one to the list...you'll find them at the very bottom. While many of these styles were popular in the 90s, one and all can still be found somewhere online. Frightening isn't it? O.k., so I admit to actually liking the "new," jazzed up, Birkenstock sandal, but the clog...couldn't do it.

Fast forward to 2014. My choice for "why award?" The original UGG boots. From day one, I didn't get it, and still don't. I do realize that they are worn primarily by the pre-teen (in my area, women of a "certain age" where them as well) and teen set, and that there will always be a market for them. It is refreshing though, to see that they've recently added a nice collection of leather boots which are more stylish.

Scroll down through the list, I'm sure they'll bring back memories in one way or another.



 
The kitten (jelly) flip flop

Ah yes, a Steve Madden "classic"

Mesh slides

This one I actually don't remember.
The ole Candies clogs

Nooooooooooo!

Fluevog heels


Heelys-I'll give these a pass, since they were for the kiddos.
Another nooooooooooo!!

These Manolo Blahnik Timberland boots were worn  by the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Beyoncé back in the day, but that still didn't help.

Birkenstock clogs are alive and well, and STILL doing good business!

The Moon Boot......noooooooooo!
Mudd's platform loafer

Mukluks-another that I don't get. They're probably super warm and comfortable, but............

Rocket Dog's platform thong
Last and certainly not least, UGGS. It doesn't help that there are so many inexpensive knockoffs.

Photos: luckymag.com; UGGS, zappos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment