Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Top it Off

Wraps, ponchos and capes are currently one of fashion's hottest staples. While there are ALWAYS immense quantities of each during the fall/winter seasons, they've gained in popularity since designer brands such as Burberry showcased them on the runway.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the "traditional" poncho....like that worn by Miroslava Duma in picture two. Those shown in picture three are more my style. I love the street style look....tucking in the front gives it a little something extra. I can do without the wrap, but I do find that the cape is a chic alternative to a coat, though I favor those styles that allow you to move freely. With the latter in mind, I ordered a cardigan-style poncho from T.J. MAXX. See it below.





Elena Perminova wears Burberry's wrap (Photo: Grazia.it)

I do like the patterned poncho...it looks more like a sweater. (Photo: Grazia.it)

I love these as well...anythng that allows for versatility. (photo: Grazia.it)

(photo: Grazia.it)

photo: Grazia.it
This is the one that I ordered
from tjmaxx.com. It's perfect
to throw on over a top.
Flying Tomato poncho, $24.99



I considered this one as well. I
love the length, but I wanted
something colorful.
Flying Tomato, $24.99




No comments:

Post a Comment